New Galloway Golf Club
Dumfries & Galloway
Tel: 01644 420737
Secretary Tel: 01556 670579
Match Secretary Tel: 01644 430373
Minutes of the meeting held in the clubhouse on Thursday 15th October 2015, commencing at 9.30 a.m.
Present: Dave Aitken, Peter Bower, Johnnie Dowswell, Brian Duguid, Jackie Duguid, Terry Haine, Roddy Hermon, Marena McClymont, Ian McCulloch, Jim McPhee, Erica Porteous, Stuart Rhodes, Les Rogers, Derek Shipley, Jeff Sutcliffe, Wave Tyrrell, Eddie Yates,
Apologies: Marian Banaslewicz, John Crallan, Dave Nielsen, Brian Porteous and Elena Rogers.
1. The convenor, Eddie Yates welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. Eddie reflected on the sad passing of Les Burton which was shared by all members. Eddie sent a letter of condolence to his wife on behalf of the Section.
3. The minutes of the last meeting on Thursday 25th September 2014, proposed by Derek Shipley and seconded by Jeff Sutcliffe, were adopted.
4. Matters arising: None.
5. Chairman’s Report: Eddie Yates reported that several weeks of golf were lost last year due to adverse weather and course conditions similar to the previous year. The average Thursday attendance was good, but unfortunately fewer ladies turned out.
He congratulated all the winners. Stuart Rhodes won the 36 Hole Trophy, the 18 Hole Trophy was won by Marena McClymont and the Alan Walker Trophy was won by Les Burton. Dave Nielsen won the Alan Brown League cup. Honours were even in our two matches against Kirkcudbright Eggs and we had to cancel our match against Newton Stewart as they could not raise a team.
Eddie thanked Derek, and of course Valerie, for running the competitions, who were supported by Past Club Captain Jeff Sutcliffe, Jackie Duguid who controlled our finances as Treasurer admirably. He also thanked the main committee members Wave, Dave, Terry, and Jeff for organising the Bar, Wave for producing an excellent Minute of last year’s meeting, and Jackie for organising our Christmas Lunch and all who contributed.
Eddie expressed the members’ appreciation of our greenkeeper Brian Porteous and member volunteers, especially Ian brown, for keeping the course in excellent condition in spite of severe financial restraint. He wished Brian a very happy retirement and we will miss him.
He asked for members to feel free to propose any changes to our present format.
Finally, Eddie said he was stepping down as Chairman and that he wished the newly elected Chairperson every success in the future.
Eddie thanked all for attending.
6. Treasurer’s Report: Jackie Duguid presented a healthy set of accounts for the year. We started the year with a balance of £501.28 (£133.63) and finished with £674.91 (501.28). Our income was £495.24 (496.69) including 24 pence in interest with an expenditure of £321.61 (£129.04) including a donation £100.00 (Nil) to club funds.
The Treasurers Accounts, proposed by Marena and seconded by Ian McCulloch, were adopted.
The Club Treasurer confirmed receipt of our donation in a letter of appreciation by the Club committee.
It was agreed to make a donation of £200 this year.
Eddie thanked Jackie for her report.
7. Election of Office bearers: Eddie Yates stood down as Convenor as he has other commitments that needed his attention. Jeff Sutcliffe, proposed by Wave Tyrrell and seconded by Jackie Duguid was elected to the office of Convenor. On taking the chair, Jeff thanked Eddie on behalf of the members for the outstanding contribution that he made to the success of the Seniors. Jackie presented Eddie with a bottle of Jura whisky as a token of our appreciation.
The remaining incumbents were duly elected; Jackie Duguid as Treasurer, Derek Shipley as Match Secretary and Wave Tyrrell as Minute Secretary.
8. Format for 2015/2016: No Change
9. Christmas Lunch: Jackie Duguid will organise a buffet lunch to be held in the clubhouse on 17th December with contributions and raffle prises provided by members.
The lunch will be proceeded by a 9 hole competition.
10. Away Days: The venues of Portpatrick (Dunskey), Glenluce and Troon Fullerton were agreed.
The first two away days for the 36 hole Trophy to be played on Thursday 5th November and on 25th February 2016.
The third away day competition to be played on 24th March 2016 for the 18 hole Trophy.
The venue for each round will be decided on availability and whatever deals are offered.
11. Matches: The match with Kirkcudbright Eggs has been arranged for Thursday 12th May 2016. At their request, lunch will be at the Kenbridge Hotel.
12. Borders Trip: It was agreed that we visit Northumberland again next year. Matters of detail will be discussed nearer the event.
13. Any Other Business:
It was established that Wave Aitken, Wave Tyrrell and Elena Rogers will have keys for the Clubhouse and bar.
Dave Aitken was asked to convey the disappointment that the result of the Roddy Hermon Club competition has not been posted on the notice board or website.
Ian McCulloch raised the issue of slow play. A number of suggestions were aired.
The meeting closed at 10.05 a.m.
|Mobile Contact Us|